What happens when a property owner wants to fix their sidewalk if their sidewalk isn’t up for repair anytime soon?


The property owner must apply for an A permit from the Bureau of Engineering requesting to do work in the public right of way. This permit can be granted at no fee to the applicant. In the majority of cases the property owner must cover 100% of the costs for repairs. The Bureau of Street Services will notify and require the Department of Urban Forestry to inspect the site to see if the tree(s) causing the damage can safely remain. The Urban Forestry Division will only allow for the removal of a healthy tree after all reasonable options have been exhausted.

Be the first to comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.