Meals from LA Department of Aging - aging.lacity.org - 213-482-7252 or email@example.com
Critical Delivery Service from Workforce Development, Aging, and Community Services: 888-863-7511
Project Angel Food: angelfood.org or 323.845.1810
- Free pickup meals from the Los Angeles Department of Aging: reach out at 213-482-7252. The Department of Aging is available Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Fridays from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Find a list of resources and programs here.
- Fill out this form if you need assistance picking up meals, medications, or would like to receive a social call from a member of Team Ryu.
- Project Angel Food delivers free bags of nutritious food.
- LA Food Bank provides free food for pickup at multiple locations.
Critical Delivery Service:
- Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS) is providing a temporary delivery program for older and dependent adults, called Critical Delivery Services. Through this program, adults over age 60, dependent adults (aged 18-59 years) or individuals with a permanent or temporary disability can request to have food and other vital items delivered. Call 888-863-7411 to request delivery service. More information here.
Cleaning services for CD 4 senior facilities:
- My office has dedicated discretionary funding to pay for the cleaning & disinfecting of private senior facilities.
- If you know of a nursing home or senior facility in your Council District 4 neighborhood that could use this service - please reach out to our office via firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-473-7004.
Special shopping hours for seniors:
Although older adults are encouraged to stay at home as much as possible, several supermarket chains have announced that they are opening early for seniors.
- Albertsons, Vons, Pavilions and Safeway: every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM for seniors, pregnant women, and those with underlying health conditions.
- Gelson’s: everyday from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM for seniors.
- Ralphs: everyday from 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM for seniors.
- Smart & Final: everyday from 7:30 AM to 8:00 AM for seniors and people with disabilities.
- Target: every Wednesday, the first hour will be dedicated for seniors and communities with other health concerns.
- Whole Foods: everyday, the first hour will be reserved for people 60 and over.
As the situation remains fluid, please call your local supermarket to ask if they have reserved hours for seniors or people with underlying health conditions.