The design-builder anticipates Friday, June 9, as the date when jet grouting activities will continue on Wilshire Blvd. in new locations near the Wilshire Blvd./Highland Ave. intersection.
Jet grouting is a construction process that uses high-pressure air and grout to create a deep soil-concrete block. The purpose of jet grouting is to reinforce and strengthen the soil with concrete to support tunneling. Each operation will take approximately 8 to 12 weeks.
The following traffic control measures will be in place near Wilshire Blvd./Crenshaw Blvd:
- Wilshire Blvd. restricted to two lanes in each direction between Highland Ave. and Tremaine Ave.
- Left turn restrictions will be enforced from driveways along Wilshire Blvd. between Highland Ave. and Tremaine Ave. Left turns from westbound Wilshire to southbound Highland will be restricted.
- Temporary parking restrictions on Wilshire Blvd. between Highland Ave. and Tremaine Ave. Left turns from westbound Wilshire Blvd. to southbound Highland Ave. will be restricted, as will left turns from eastbound Wilshire Blvd. to Mansfield Ave., Citrus Ave., McCadden Pl. and Longwood Ave.
- Intermittent weekday and weekend off-peak hour closures will occur on Wilshire Blvd.
- Bus stops will be temporarily relocated in the area. Metro bus operations will announce the closures, add signage and publish detours.
Click on link for more info: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/notice_purpleline_052417/