Schedule a COVID-19 test: lacovidprod.service-now.com/rrs
Apply for Paid Family Leave: edd.ca.gov/Disability/How_to_File_a_PFL_Claim_in_SDI_Online.htm
Update on Hand Sanitizers from the FDA: fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-updates-hand-sanitizers-methanol
If you or a family member get sick:
- California Paid Sick Leave - dir.ca.gov/dlse/paid_sick_leave.htm
- Los Angeles Paid Sick Leave - wagesla.lacity.org/sites/g/files/wph471/f/2019-MWO-Poster-EN-11.pdf
- Disability Insurance - edd.ca.gov/Disability/How_to_File_a_DI_Claim_in_SDI_Online.htm
- Paid Family Leave - edd.ca.gov/Disability/How_to_File_a_PFL_Claim_in_SDI_Online.htm
- Workers Compensation - dir.ca.gov/dwc/forms.html
- California law entitles you to at least three days of paid sick leave. The City of Los Angeles requires employers to provide an additional three days, for a total of six days.
- If you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 or been exposed to it you can file a Disability Insurance claim with the state of California. The Governor’s office has waived the wait period for insurance claims. Payments are roughly 60% - 70% of wages.
- If a family member falls ill you may be able to receive Paid Family Leave from the state to take care of them. PFL provides up to six weeks of benefit payments to eligible workers who have full or partial loss of wages in order to take care of an ill family member.
- If you are unable to work because you contracted coronavirus during the regular course of your work, you may be eligible for Worker’s Compensation benefits. File a claim (DWC-1) with your employer. This will include Temporary Disability (TD) payments, which can cover up to 104 weeks. TD generally pays two-thirds of the gross wages you lose while you are recovering.
- You can use paid sick days to care for a sick family member.
L.A. County COVID-19 Dashboard and Resources:
- LA County - covid19.lacounty.gov/
- Los Angeles County has established its COVID-19 web page, and it has plenty of helpful information. Through the page, you can view maps, get resources to cope with stress, and view their coronavirus FAQ. For more information, click here.
Tracking Coronavirus by Neighborhood:
- Cal State Northridge geography professor Steven Graves has created a series of maps to show the spread of the coronavirus by neighborhood in L.A. County, and county by county on the national level. For more information, and to get started, click here.
Learn more about and support UCLA Professor Dr. Anne Rimoin:
- Dr. Anne Rimoin - ph.ucla.edu/epi/faculty/rimoin/rimoin.html
- Recently, Councilmember Ryu hosted UCLA Professor and Epidemiologist, Dr. Anne Rimoin, on his CD 4 Telephone Townhall to discuss the coronavirus pandemic.
- To learn more about Dr. Rimoin's coronavirus research, and to support her work, visit her UCLA website here and her research project here.
Schedule a COVID-19 Test:
Tests are now available for all residents of Los Angeles who are showing symptoms - lacovidprod.service-now.com/rrs
As always, make sure that you heed advice from public health professionals. The CDC and the Los Angeles Department of Public Health have the most accurate and up to date information. I will continue to send out relevant updates as soon as they are available.
Handwashing Stations for Unhoused Individuals: